The end of the school year is fast approaching and you’re looking forward to warmer weather and freedom! Your daydreams about lounging beside Truman’s Pond all summer have started to consume your thoughts, but wait! Do you know where your MizzouRec membership stands for the summer?
BUT FIRST, HERE ARE THE SUMMER HOURS AND SOME IMPORTANT DATES TO KEEP IN MIND:
• Summer hours starting May 16: MON-FRI: 5 a.m.-7 p.m. SAT: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. SUN: Noon-5 p.m.
• The West Entrance will be CLOSED May 15 – Aug. 15 and facility access will be through the Southeast Entrance ONLY.
• The facility has LIMITED HOURS May 25-27 for Memorial Day.
• The facility will be CLOSED July 4 for the Fourth of July.
• The facility will be CLOSED Aug 1 -Aug. 15 for maintenance.
WHAT IF I’M A STUDENT WHO IS TAKING CLASSES AT MIZZOU THIS SUMMER? CAN I STILL USE THE REC?
Absolutely! If you are enrolled in more than 5 on campus (online classes don’t count) credit hours this summer, you will automatically be assessed the summer Recreation Activity & Facility Fee of $77.11, which covers access from May 17 – July 31. Students not automatically assessed and enrolled can opt- in to the same fee. Just stop by the Member & Guest Services Desk to add the fee to your account any time after May 10th.
BUT WHAT IF I’M NOT TAKING ANY CLASSES THIS SUMMER? WHAT IS LIFE WITHOUT THE PUMP ROOM AND THE GROTTO?!
Whoa, there. We want to see you just as much as you want to see us. For those that are not enrolled in any summer classes, you can pay a weekly intersession fee if you were enrolled in this past spring semester and are enrolled in the fall. The fee will be $11 (includes tax) a week. This weekly pass will allow you seven consecutive days of access at MizzouRec.
Students must be enrolled in Spring and Fall courses to be allowed to pay the weekly fee. If not enrolled in any Summer courses or you were not enrolled in both Spring and Fall courses, the only option is to sign up for an MUAA or Recent Grad membership (see below).
You can buy weekly intersession passes a week at a time or you can buy them in bulk. We encourage you to buy as many weeks as possible up front to avoid possible long lines. Payment for the weekly intersession fee is with your credit/debit card. MizzouRec is a cashless operation and the weekly intersession fee is not available for student charge.
*Unfortunately, incoming freshmen or transfer students will not be able to use the facility until the fall session starts (August 16) unless they are enrolled in summer classes.
BUT WHEN CAN I START BUYING WEEKLY INTERSESSION PASSES?
The last day for regular spring session student access is May 16. BUT you can begin purchase your summer weeks of access as soon as May 10! Just stop by Member and Guest Services during all facility hours to purchase your weekly intersession passes. Make sure to leave some time in your schedule! The line tends to get long during the first several weeks.
WHAT IF I’M GOING TO BE AWAY FOR THE SUMMER?
Then nothing that was just said will have a huge impact on you. Just be sure to hurry back in on August 16 when access begins for fall semester students. We can’t wait to see you all back here!
Fall access starts August 16!
WHAT IF I’M A RECENT GRAD?
If you purchased a grad pack from the Mizzou Store, which included your first year membership of the Mizzou Alumni Association, you can get your membership for $39 per month (two months minimum). If you didn’t purchase a grad pack, you’ll pay a $40 Mizzou Alumni Association fee, and then your MizzouRec membership will be $39 per month (two months minimum). You can pay your Mizzou Alumni Association fee and your membership fee at MizzouRec.
Have a great summer, Mizzou!
- Spring access ends May 16
- Summer membership via Recreation Activity and Facility Fee runs May 17 – July 31; intersession passes available for students not enrolled for the summer.
- Facility has limited hours May 25-27 for Memorial Day.
- Facility is closed July 4 for the Fourth of July Holiday.
- Full facility closure from August 1 – August 15 for maintenance.
- Fall access begins on August 16.
- Please direct any questions you have about summer membership to Member and Guest Services at the Southeast entrance!