As one of the largest employers of students on campus, we aim to provide an experience for students to develop both personally and professionally. Additionally, provide an environment that supports their academic success and prepares students for career aspirations. So here’s how it works…
Review Job Descriptions
Review the job descriptions tab to learn more about the various student positions offered at the Rec.
Submit Application Online!
- Visit MU’s student employment system: eRecruit to apply for open positions.
- You can filter to see all MizzouRec open positions two ways:
- 1 Enter “MizzouRec” in the “search jobs” bar at top of page.
- 2 Toggle “MizzouRec” on left hand side of screen under departments, to filter open student positions at the Rec.
- Review posted positions by clicking on the title to review job description.
- See something you’re interested in? Submit an online application via the “Apply for Job” button in upper right corner of page
- Application tip: At least one attachment is required as part of step 3 of the online application process.
- Examples of attachments: Class Schedule, Resume and cover letters (suggested, not required), Reference letter(s) (suggested, not required), Copy of certification(s) (if applicable)
- Resources for cover letters and resumes can be found at the MU Career Center.
Application Review and Interviews
- Applications will be reviewed for interview consideration up to the day following application deadline.
- Applicants who receive an interview will be notified by email. Be sure to check your email in a timely manner to schedule an interview.
- Interviews are typically held within a week after the application deadline.
- Interviews may be conducted virtually and/or in-person and led by MizzouRec fulltime area managers and/or Team Mizzou student employees.
- Please note when applying for Aquatic and Fitness area positions, this will also consist of a skills test led by the area manager.
- Area managers will contact individuals selected for hiring within 1 week of interviews.
- If accepted, HR will contact new hires to complete the NER and on-boarding process.
New Employee Registration
- The NER is an extremely important step in the Team Mizzou hiring process.
- This is where you get started with University Payroll. They will contact you per email with a formal a job offer and begin the on-boarding process. For any questions, contact email@example.com or (573) 882-7976.
- NER must be completed before training and orientation can begin.