TEAM CAPTAINS AND INDIVIDUAL SPORT PARTICIPANTS RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
Each team should select a representative to act as the contact person with Mizzou RecSports. All matters affecting a team will be directed to this person and it will be his or her responsibility to communicate all information to team members. Mizzou RecSports regularly makes literature (information sheets, point standings, rules & policies, etc.) available to acquaint participants with all aspects of RecSports competition. No publications other than those issued by the Mizzou RecSports program are considered official.
- Pass Captain’s Quiz with 100%, failure to do so will result in loss of Sportsmanship Points.
- Ensure all teams are entered in the proper sport before the registration deadline.
- Notify team members of date, time, and location of all contests.
- Be familiar with all RecSports rules, policies, and sportsmanship procedures and ensure all team members comply accordingly.
- Captains are responsible for their team’s actions: This can include suspensions for team’s actions.
- Captains are also responsible for the actions of their team’s spectators.
Each participant is required to take a quiz designated for each sport they want to play. Participant quizzes are now used in place of captains meeting or captains only quizzes to ensure everyone playing a sport has received the information a captain is supposed to deliver to their team.