The CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to respond to cardiac and breathing emergencies to help victims of all ages. This course is recommended for lifeguards, and other individuals required by place of employment to have a higher level of training. Successful participants will be able to do the following:
- Recognizing an emergency and prioritization of care for injuries and sudden illnesses
- Recognize the signals of a cardiac emergency
- Identify the links in the Cardiac Chain of Survival
- Describe how to care for a heart attack
- List the causes of cardiac arrest
- Explain the role of CPR in cardiac arrest
- Demonstrate how to perform CPR
- Recognize the signals of a breathing emergency
- Demonstrate how to car for a person who is choking
- Explain what defibrillation is an how it works
- Identify precautions to take when using an AED on a person in sudden cardiac arrest
- Demonstrate how to use an AED
Course Hours: 4 hours In-Person and 2 hours of eLearning
Course Price: $95, $75 (for current Mizzou Students)
This is a blended learning course meaning that there is both in-person and eLearning involved. You must have access to the internet in order to complete the eLearning section. If the eLearning section is not completed the student will receive an ‘Unsuccessful’ evaluation for the course and no refunds will be given.
Course Requirements: Participants must attend and participate in all subsequent sessions including eLearning, class room work, and skills practice. To receive the associated certification, participants must satisfactorily demonstrate all CPR skills as well as pass the course written exam with at least a score of 80%.
Certification received upon fulfilling course requirements (valid 2 years): CPR/AED Adult, Child, & Infant for the Professional Rescuer with First Aid
No courses are scheduled at this time.
Contact Aquatic Coordinator Alyssa Bradley at email@example.com for more information.