TigerSwim Lesson Instructors plan and teach the American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim program for swim lesson participants age’s 6months- adult. Instructors provide leadership and guidance of skills during class through attentiveness to each participant’s swimming and learning needs. TigerSwim Instructors must effectively and safely instruct group and private swim lessons for all age and skill levels. Previous swim instructor experience highly recommended. Candidates must have strong communication and decision-making skills, a knowledge and application of teaching swimming and water safety skills. American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification is recommended but not required.
DUTIES INCLUDE (but not limited to):
- Greet and communicate with all members and guests participating in the Tiger Swim Program associated with their assigned level.
- Instruct classes based on the American Red Cross curriculum in the MizzouRec Aquatic Center.
- The instructor must be able to teach all levels of swim strokes required by the Red Cross Learn-to-Swim Program.
- Instructors should feel comfortable teaching individuals ranging from 6 moths to adult in an indoor pool at varying depths.
- Be able to demonstrate swim strokes in the water as well as on land.
- Ensure participant safety by enforcing and communicating all Aquatic Center policies and procedures.
- Be able to quickly and effectively respond to the Aquatic Center Emergency Action plan when activated, and assist Aquatic staff as needed, while ensuring safety of the participants.
- Maintain provided equipment in good working condition, report any issues to the Aquatics Programming Coordinator.
- Be readily available to instruct private lessons as assigned by the Aquatic Coordinator for Programming.
- Communicate effectively to assigned private lesson inquiries and remain in communication with the family for on-going private lessons.
- Adhere to all University, MizzouRec, Team Mizzou, and area specific guidelines.
- As with all positions, involvement with other duties and responsibilities is expected in order to serve the customer and maintain the MizzouRec mission.
Examples of attachments to upload as part of step 3 of the online application.
- Class Schedule
- Resume and/or Cover letter (suggested, not required)
- Reference letter(s) (suggested, not required)
- Copy of certification(s) (if applicable)