This position requires exceptional leadership and communication skills. Prior experience in sport officiating is preferred. Skills in risk management and facility security are also required. This individual must be capable of maintaining integrity and fairness in each sport officiated. They must be eager to learn and grow in areas of inter-personal communication as well as conflict resolution. This individual must remain Adult CPR/AED, Child/Infant CPR, & First Aid certified during course of position.
DUTIES INCLUDE (but not limited to)
- Ensure participants are checked in with proper identification and rosters are up to date
- Have extensive knowledge of sport rules and proper enforcement of rules and policies
- Use proper mechanics and signals to maintain a high level of communication with participants and coworkers
- Assist in physical facility maintenance, equipment set up and takedown, and training sessions for Intramural leagues and tournaments.
- Meticulously maintain score sheets for accuracy and record keeping
- Respond promptly and appropriately to medical emergencies and participant incidents for events, or as needed within MizzouRec and all Intramural activities
- Strong knowledge of all facilities, equipment, and storage areas
- Monitor and ensure the safety of all user groups utilizing MizzouRec facilities as well as MizzouRec members throughout the Intramural league and tournaments.
- At the conclusion of event, all equipment is to be returned to original places, and facility spaces should be in working order for daily use
- Report any and all accidents, injuries, and incidents to Intramural Lead to ensure proper records
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings
- Adhere to all University, MizzouRec, Team Mizzou, and area specific guidelines
- As with all positions, involvement with other duties and responsibilities is expected in order to serve the customer and maintain the MizzouRec mission.
Examples of attachments to upload as part of step 3 of the online application. Only need to upload one document.
- Class Schedule
- Resume and/or Cover letter (suggested, not required)
- Reference letter(s) (suggested, not required)
- Copy of certification(s) (if applicable)