Lifeguards are responsible for ensuring the safety of facility users by preventing and responding to emergencies. Must have the ability to work non-traditional hours such as late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays. This position requires good decision-making skills and the ability to work with little supervision. Individuals must be assertively friendly and have an extensive working knowledge about facilities and services. This individual must remain American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED certified during course of position.
Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Ensure the safety of those in and around pool operations. Be prepared to act quickly to potential hazards, especially in time of emergency. Maintain knowledge and consistently enforce the rules and regulations of the Mizzou Aquatic Center. Complete an incident/accident report for all incidents using established guidelines.
- Immediately communicate unsafe, broken or dysfunctional equipment to appropriate staff. Aid in preventative maintenance and cleaning of the Aquatic Center.
- Maintain needed certification(s) to perform all necessary skills in accordance with American Red Cross Lifeguarding and MizzouRec standards.
- Using established protocols, ensure appropriate communication occurs with coworkers, Leads, and Coordinators.
- Attend all program specific in-service trainings, as well as department staff meetings.
- As with all positions, involvement with other duties and responsibilities is expected in order to serve the customer and maintain our MizzouRec mission.
Examples of attachments to upload as part of step 3 of the online application.
- Class Schedule
- Resume and/or Cover letter (suggested, not required)
- Reference letter(s) (suggested, not required)
- Copy of certification(s) (if applicable)