Facility Frontline staff are responsible for maintaining access control for the MU Student Recreation Complex. Individuals in this position will be the first contact with all members and guest who enter the facility, and persons in these positions must be friendly and welcoming to everyone. Frontline staff provide service to our members at our equipment issue station, assist with our commercial laundry service for the facility, assist members in our activity spaces, and provide emergency aid when needed.
Duties Include (but not limited to)
- Provide friendly member and guest services at East and West entrances. Ensure each guest is appropriately greeted and checks in through the facility management software, while monitoring facility capacity. Maintain up to date knowledge of all policies, procedures, and events held within the facilities to ensure the safety of all guest and employees. Assists guests with facility direction, instruction, information, or any other issues that may arise.
- Monitor activity spaces and equipment use for capacity levels, take area specific counts, clean, sanitize, and disinfect all/strength/cardio equipment units. Perform additional cleaning throughout the facility to maintain a clean and safe environment. Participate in department training that emphasize proper implementation of health, safety, and environment management systems. Maintain a clean environment for members in General/Rothwell Locker Rooms, by stocking product and towels. Perform additional locker room cleaning to provide a safe environment.
- Utilize facility management software to check out member equipment and staff uniforms. Ensure all lost and found items are collected and disposed of using outlined procedures. Ensure laundry services are maintained by laundering and folding towels, sheets, uniforms, etc. As needed, assist with package shipping and receiving through Loading Dock Entrance.
- Ensure the safety of those in and around the facility. Be prepared to act quickly to potential hazards, especially in time of emergency. Maintain knowledge and consistently enforce the rules and regulations within the MizzouRec facility. Complete an incident/accident report for all incidents using established guidelines. Immediately communicate unsafe, broken or dysfunctional equipment to appropriate staff. Aid in preventative maintenance and cleaning of the MizzouRec Facility.
- Using established protocols, ensure appropriate communication occurs with coworkers, Leads, and Coordinators.
- Attend all departmental and program specific meetings and training.
- As with all positions, involvement with other duties and responsibilities is expected in order to serve the customer and maintain our MizzouRec mission.
Examples of attachments to upload as part of step 3 of the online application.
- Class Schedule
- Resume and/or Cover letter (suggested, not required)
- Reference letter(s) (suggested, not required)
- Copy of certification(s) (if applicable)