Sports & Competition Frontline
Individuals must be personable, out-going, and exhibit exemplary customer service skills. Must have the ability to work non-traditional hours such as late nights and weekends. This position requires good decision making skills and the ability to work with little supervision, during Sports & Competition events, including practices, games, and tournaments. This position will conduct sales and transactions as well as facilitate laundry and equipment. Individuals must be assertively friendly, creative, and have an extensive working knowledge about all MizzouRec facilities, services, and programs. Must take pride in the quality of their work, demonstrate initiative, and be attentive to details.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Become familiar and competent with all facilities, equipment and storage areas Monitor and ensure the safety of all user groups utilizing MizzouRec facilities as well as MizzouRec members throughout Sports & Competition events
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings
- Monitor and ensure the safety of all participants utilizing MizzouRec facilities during Sports & Competition programming
- Maintain equipment in good working condition, report any maintenance issues and restock supplies as needed
- Serve as liaison between Sports & Competition Participants and Sports & Competition Lead on duty
- Register participants/teams into sports and leagues using specialized software
- Responsible for maintaining laundry before and during Intramural Sports activities
- Provide security by monitoring equipment checkout and ensuring everyone using MizzouRec facilities are eligible to do so
- Respond promptly and appropriately to medical emergencies and participant incidents for events, or as needed within MizzouRec and during Sports & Competition programming
- Data entry by inputting game scores, participation attendance, etc.
- Answer any questions and disseminate MizzouRec and Sports & Competition information as appropriate
- Report any overdue equipment to Sports & Competition professional staff
- Complete other tasks and projects as assigned by Sports & Competition professional staff
- Adhere to all Team Mizzou guidelines and non-negotiables
Examples of attachments to upload as part of step 3 of the online application.
- Class Schedule
- Resume and/or Cover letter (suggested, not required)
- Reference letter(s) (suggested, not required)
- Copy of certification(s) (if applicable)