TigerX Instructors for Clark’s Boxing Gym are responsible for designing varying classes for instruction to participants with diverse skill levels, abilities, and backgrounds. An appropriate combination of education, training and experience may qualify an applicant for BoxMaster® instructing.
- 5+ years of previous boxing/martial arts experience OR
- National certification (group fitness, yoga, Pilates, cycling, personal training) in related course for Instructor Training course
DUTIES INCLUDE (but not limited to)
- Teaching a minimum of 3 TigerX classes per week based on skills and knowledge level
- Obtaining and maintaining national certification in respective modality for class type taught
- Ability to provide a welcoming, inclusive environment for all participants
- Ability to correct and cue participants when they are performing an exercise in an unsafe and/or incorrect manner.
- Awareness of safety and risk management procedures, and how to respond in an emergency situation
- Cleaning and organizing studios before and after class
- Attending scheduled staff meetings and trainings for student development and staff training
- Adhere to all University, MizzouRec, Team Mizzou, and area specific guidelines
- As with all positions, involvement with other duties and responsibilities is expected in order to serve the customer and maintain the MizzouRec mission.
Examples of attachments to upload as part of step 3 of the online application.
- Class Schedule
- Resume and/or Cover letter (suggested, not required)
- Reference letter(s) (suggested, not required)
- Copy of certification(s) (if applicable)