The Aquatic Lead’s primary responsibility is to help maintain safety, order, cleanliness, and organization within the Mizzou Aquatic Center. The individual must demonstrate initiative to problem solve and the desire to work as a team. They must also possess leadership skills and have good communication skills with members, co-workers, and supervisors.
Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Ensure member and guest safety by enforcing and communicating all Aquatic Center, MizzouRec, and University policies and procedures.
- Recognize and respond quickly and effectively to emergencies by implementing the Emergency Action Plan for the Mizzou Aquatic Center.
- Answer questions by providing accurate information regarding the Mizzou Aquatic Center, such as pool hours and available space.
- Responsible for quality customer service through addressing and resolving member and guest requests and concerns.
- Responsible for building security during assigned opening and closing shifts which include, but are not limited to opening/closing facility on-time, checking water chemical levels, facility cleanliness, radios operational, ensuring pool vacuum is used and properly stored.
- Responsible for assisting with the chemical operation of the Aquatic Center and notifying the Aquatic Coordinator when supplies are limited, or water chemistry readings vary from the prescribed levels.
- Inspect facility daily and report any unsafe conditions and equipment to Aquatic Coordinator or Facility Coordinator.
- Document all accidents and incidents reports and communicate to the Aquatic Coordinator and Facility Coordinator on Duty.
- Ensure acceptable staff coverage for all assigned shifts by helping lifeguards with the rotation as well as assigning lifeguards cleaning duties.
- Responsible for completing Lifeguard Stand and Skill Audits and providing input for Lifeguard JPA’s.
- Maintain an accurate Communication Log during scheduled shifts to inform other Aquatic Leads and Aquatic Staff of updates.
- Attend bi-weekly scheduled Aquatic Lead meetings and in-services.
- Assist facility and programming staff as needed.
- Adhere to all University, MizzouRec, Team Mizzou, and area specific guidelines.
- As with all positions, involvement with other duties and responsibilities is expected in order to serve the customer and maintain the MizzouRec mission.
Examples of attachments to upload as part of step 3 of the online application.
- Class Schedule
- Resume and/or Cover letter (suggested, not required)
- Reference letter(s) (suggested, not required)
- Copy of certification(s) (if applicable)