This individual will be responsible for the on-site supervision of aquatic events. This position requires exceptional leadership skills and prior experience in facility supervision, and event management in the area of aquatics. Additionally, this individual will assist in the supervision, training coaching and evaluating of Aquatic Event Frontline staff. This individual must remain Adult CPR/AED, Child/Infant CPR, & First Aid certified during course of position.
Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings
- Adhere to all Team Mizzou guidelines and non-negotiables
- Attending all departmental and program specific meetings and training sessions
- Maintaining current knowledge of policies, procedures, and events in the facility
- Follow established communication protocols with direct supervisor, Aquatic Leads, and Team Mizzou coworkers
- Enforcing all MizzouRec guidelines and policies with members and Team Mizzou staff
- Assist in the supervision, training, coaching and evaluation of aquatic event frontline staff
- Enhance the reputation of the Mizzou Aquatic Center by providing assistance to the athletes, coaches, officials, spectators, volunteers, and all visitors of the facility
- Ensure the safety of all user groups by enforcing facility and departmental policies and procedures and taking a proactive approach to risk management. Provide security for the Mizzou Aquatic Center and the Student Recreation Complex
- Cooperate with Campus Police, Emergency responders, facility staff, event organizers, and custodial staff to ensure effective and professional event management
- Aid in hospitality supervision, while maintaining a clean, presentable environment
- Assist meet director with office responsibilities. Aid in the setup, operation and teardown of all aquatic event equipment and pool configurations
- Ensure proper storage and organization of all aquatic equipment used for competitive events to return areas in working order for daily use. Assist with preventative maintenance and cleaning of all event equipment. Report any issues to the Aquatic Coordinator
- Aid Aquatic Assistant Director in scheduling Aquatic Event Frontline to cover all necessary events and reservations
- Directly communicate with Aquatic Event Frontline to manage issues as necessary
- Adhere to all University, MizzouRec, Team Mizzou, and area specific guidelines
- As with all positions, involvement with other duties and responsibilities is expected in order to serve the customer and maintain the MizzouRec mission.
Examples of attachments to upload as part of step 3 of the online application.
- Class Schedule
- Resume and/or Cover letter (suggested, not required)
- Reference letter(s) (suggested, not required)
- Copy of certification(s) (if applicable)