Aquatic Event Frontline assist with competitive events hosted in the Mizzou Aquatic Center, Family Night in Tiger Grotto, Aquatic Programming, and any other special events that may take place within the Mizzou Aquatic Center. Individuals must be personable, be assertively friendly and exhibit exemplary customer service skills. Hosts must have the ability to work non-traditional hours including early mornings, late nights and weekends. Event staff must demonstrate initiative and be attentive to details. This individual must remain Adult CPR/AED, Child/Infant CPR, & First Aid certified during course of position.
Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings
- Attending all departmental and program specific meetings and training sessions
- Maintaining current knowledge of policies, procedures, and events in the facility
- Follow established communication protocols with direct supervisor, Aquatic Leads, and Team Mizzou coworkers
- Enhance the reputation of the Mizzou Aquatic Center by providing assistance to the athletes, coaches, spectators, volunteers, and visitors of the facility
- Ensure the safety of all user groups by enforcing facility and departmental policies and procedures and taking a proactive approach to risk management. Provide security for the Mizzou Aquatic Center and the Student Recreation Complex
- Cooperate with Campus Police, Emergency responders, facility staff, event organizers, and custodial staff to ensure effective and professional event management
- Aid in hospitality supervision, and food and beverage preparation, while maintaining a clean, presentable environment
- Assist meet director with office responsibilities. Aid in the setup and teardown of all aquatic event equipment and pool configurations
- Ensure proper storage and organization of all aquatic equipment used for competitive events to return areas in working order for daily use. Assist with preventative maintenance and cleaning of all event equipment. Report any issues to the Aquatic Coordinator
- Conduct inventory of all aquatics equipment as directed
- Answer any questions and disseminate MizzouRec and Event information as appropriate
- Adhere to all University, MizzouRec, Team Mizzou, and area specific guidelines
- As with all positions, involvement with other duties and responsibilities is expected in order to serve the customer and maintain the MizzouRec mission.
Examples of attachments to upload as part of step 3 of the online application.
- Class Schedule
- Resume and/or Cover letter (suggested, not required)
- Reference letter(s) (suggested, not required)
- Copy of certification(s) (if applicable)