It is the responsibility of the sponsoring organization/department of an event hosted within MizzouRec facilities to abide by the following:
- Providing for the safety of persons attending through controlling the behavior of participants and traffic flow within their event.
- MizzouRec has staff available for assistance with traffic control. The sponsoring group will be responsible for the cost of this staffing. The number of staff will be determined in advance and the number of staff is at the discretion the MizzouRec Coordinator of Event Management.
- Limiting attendance to be within fire and safety codes.
- Attendance at all events is limited to the number of fixed seats in the rooms or established capacities of spaces as dictated by fire and safety codes posted in each space.
- Exits must open readily and be accessible at all times, in the spaces and in adjacent hallways. During the period of use, no required exit door may be fastened so that the door cannot be opened readily from the inside by use of ordinary doorknob or by pressure on the crash bar. Exit ways serving the room must be adequately lighted during all times that the room is occupied.
- All materials used for decorations must be fire retardant or flame proof in accordance with University regulations. The use of candles may be permitted with prior approval. It is not permissible to carry lighted candles.
- Returning the spaces back to their original condition.
MizzouRec and the University of Missouri shall not be held responsible nor will assume responsibility for injury to individual person(s) or items lost, stolen or damaged in MizzouRec facilities. MizzouRec will assist in First Aid and provide the appropriate care to the person(s) involved, including contact of Emergency Medical Services (EMS).