Non-University Affiliate Events – Liability Insurance

In accordance with the University of Missouri guidelines for Venue/Special Event Insurance Coverage, all non-university affliate groups must:

  • Follow the campus protocol for reserving/space use – Obtain written permission from the MizzouRec Event Coordinator for the space they wish to use (i.e., confirmation of reservation)
  • Provide the evidence of insurance (Certificate of Insurance) for the event, minimum General Liability of $1,000,000, other coverages may be required such as liquor liability (see notes below) to the venue manager along with the event name, date and facility to be used.

Prior to the event you must deliver a Certificate of Insurance to the Event Coordinator of MizzouRec. The Certificate should be accompanied by a note listing the name of the event, the date [range] of the event, and the location of the reservation.
If you already have insurance coverage, please have your insurance company send the Event Coordinator a Certificate of Insurance with the following specifications:

  • You or your company (the facility renter) must be listed as the Insured
  • The Curators of the University of Missouri must be listed as an Additional Insured
  • The Insurer/Producer name and contact information must be on the Certificate
  • The policy start and end date must encompass the entire length of your reservation
  • The policy must include General Liability coverage of at least $1,000,000; higher limits may be required depending upon the activity.
  • The Certificate of Insurance must provide 30 days’ advance written notice for any modification, change, or cancellation of any component of the insurance coverage.
  • If a participant from an event wants to file a claim they should contact the Renter/event organizer to file a claim with their carrier. The Campus should complete the University incident form and file as normal. The Campus incident form should be submitted with a copy of the insurance certificate through normal channels.

If you DO NOT have insurance coverage of your own, you may obtain coverage by contacting your agent/broker or via HUB International to obtain an application and coverage quote.
Organizations/groups needing coverage for an off-campus event may also contact HUB International for an insurance quote for the event.

To obtain a quote from HUB International:
Visit for further information.

HUB Coverage Overview
Insurance Company: Best’s Rating: A, XII
Primary Limits:
$1,000,000 Each Occurrence
$1,000,000 Personal & Advertising Injury
$2,000,000 General Aggregate
$2,000,000 Products/Completed Operations Aggregate
$500,000 Damage to Premises Rented to You
$5,000 Medical Payments
$1, 000,000 Liquor Liability Each Occurrence – when full Liquor Liability is purchased
Optional Excess Limits Available: Up to $5,000,000 Each Occurrence & Aggregate

Special Conditions:

  • Limits apply separately for each event.
  • When required by written contract, coverage is primary and any insurance carried by the Additional Insures is excess and not contributing.
  • Bodily injury claims to participants are not excluded
  • Coverage applies only to insured event.
  • Certain events are excluded from coverage –see special event exclusions below
  • Provides 30-day notice of cancellation.
  • Vendors, Exhibitors and Concessionaires at an event can be added as Insureds for an additional premium charge.
  • Excluded: Terrorism; on behalf of the Risk Purchasing group and each member, the trustee has declined coverage for the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act (TRIA)
  • Excluded: Sexual Abuse & Molestation

Specific Event Exclusions:

  • Aircraft or Aviation
  • All Terrain Boarding
  • Balloon Rides
  • Base Jumping
  • Bouldering
  • Boxing, Wrestling, Hockey, Contact Karate, or Martial Arts
  • Bungee Jumping
  • Carnival Rides
  • Circuses
  • Concerts over 6 hours
  • Concert or Dance with Mosh Pit
  • Diving
  • Football (except passing camps with no contact drills)
  • Hang Gliding
  • Jousting
  • Kayaking, Rafting or Canoeing in greater than Class 3 rapids
  • Lacrosse and Rugby
  • Mechanical Amusement Rides or Services
  • Motorized Sporting Equipment
  • Mosh Pits
  • Mountain Biking
  • Power Boat Racing
  • Professional Sporting Activities (Games, Racing or Contests of a professional nature)
  • Pyrotechnics and Explosives
  • Rap or Heavy Metal Concerts
  • Raves
  • Rock Climbing
  • Rodeo and/or Roping Events (including practice)
  • Scuba Diving
  • Trampoline