If you live and breathe the Internet, love to write and your GIF game is on point, we want you to apply to be MizzouRec’s next audience engagement specialist.
Our three engagement specialists work closely together to connect the Mizzou community to the MizzouRec programs and facilities they care about most. We’re looking for an outgoing and self-motivated person to build MizzouRec’s brand both online and in-person. Engagement specialists are responsible for all aspects of MizzouRec’s social media presence, internal and external communications, the MizzouRec Blog and website, editorial features in MizzouRec NATION magazine, MizzouRec’s weekly email newsletter, and copy writing for MizzouRec advertisements. It’s an extremely experimental, self-driven and rewarding position where you’ll get to flex your creative muscles and spearhead social media projects. This position requires roughly 10-15 hours per week.
- What we're looking for.
Strong Writing Skills
We want someone with a conversational writing style who’s also a bit of a grammar nerd. Engagement specialists write everything from tweets to magazine features, so we need someone who’s flexible and genuinely enjoys writing.
Basic Interviewing Skills
Engagement specialists frequently interview members, athletes, MizzouRec staff and other folks in the Mizzou community. Must be comfortable talking to strangers.
Deep interest in social media writing, best practices and analytics
Must be very familiar with at least a few of these: WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Storify and Spotify. Knowledge of Google Analytics and social media insight platforms is helpful, but not required.
A relentless attention to detail and organization
Engagement specialists work with photos, videos, GIFs and graphics in addition to copy. Spelling and fact errors are the enemy.
A team player
In addition to working with another audience engagement specialist, you’ll be constantly collaborating with photographers, videographers and graphic designers on projects. You must be a good communicator.
- Quick notes about the position.
- We are hiring one audience engagement specialist to replace this girl and join a duo of awesome AES.
- Both underclassmen and upperclassmen are encouraged to apply. However, because of the depth of this position, we will only consider candidates who can commit to working for a minimum of two semesters.
- You DO NOT have to already have experience managing social media accounts besides your own. Please don’t talk yourself out of applying for this position if you meet most of the qualifications and are excited about the opportunity.
- You must have attended a Team Mizzou Recruitment session OR cross-utilize from another area in the Rec where you are already employed.
- Have questions or want to introduce yourself? Email email@example.com.
- How to apply
Formal Team Mizzou recruitment process
- All new applicants must attend Team Mizzou Recruitment
- Current Team Mizzou employees may cross-utilize
- If you are selected for a first round interview, you will be contacted by a member of the selection team.
- If you are selected for a second round interview, you will be contacted by the MizzouRec Strategic Communications Manager.
- The writing test and work samples will be required before the second round interview takes place.
- You may choose to complete this portion prior to a second round interview offer.
- Official employment with Team Mizzou is contingent upon successful completion of the Team Mizzou Recruitment process.
2nd Round Materials
- Include two writing samples and any social media samples you’d like us to see (can be links to your personal accounts). Your writing samples can be things you’ve written for class, your personal blog or a publication – show us what you’ve got and don’t feel limited by what you can submit. You can send us a link to your online portfolio or just send us your writing samples as links or PDFs. We don’t have a preference.
- Complete our brief writing test.
WRITING TEST AND WORK SAMPLES
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!